Bichitrapur Mangrove, a unique gift of nature is situated close to the mouth of river Subarnarekha in the State of Odisha on the east coast of India. It is spread over an area of 563.00 Ha. Along the coast of Bay of Bengal and is famous for the Marine ecosystem having a unique assemblage of floral and faunal resources.
The pleasant view of Mangroves, virgin caesarian forests along the coast , the green sentinels of the neighboring villages, salubrious silvering beach, plenty of Red Ghost Crab and Horse Shoe Crab, winged guests of winter as well as the resident birds, boating in the tidal creeks, Nature’s trail are bewildering and be watching for eco- tourists.
Cottage Accommodation in the lap of nature at Khadibil-Badapahi, tourist can boating in the tidal creeks and nature trail to view the majestic forest and wild animals with winged guests of winter as well as resident birds.
Places of interest :
- Talsari Beach : Famous for miraculous sea beach and Caesarian forest – 10Km
- Chandanesawar : The famous temple of lord shiva, on the way from Jaleswar to the eco-tourism destination site (Khadibil-Badapahi).
- Bhusandeswar : The largest Shiv Ling of Indian Sub-continent – 10Km. form Khadibil.
- Udaypur : The famous sea beach on the northernmost tip of the State of Odisha – 13 Km. form Khadibil.
- Digha (West Bengal) : The famous sea beach and tourist place – 12 Km. from Khadibil.
Where To Stay :
Accommodation in 04 A/c Cottages (Fooding & Boating provision complimentary)
How To Reach :
By Road :
|Bhubaneswar||Bichitrapur via Bhadrak-Jaleswar||290 km||6 Hr|
|Jaleswar||Bichitrapur||40 km||1 Hr 40 Min|
|Digha||Bichitrapur||12 km||30 Min|
|Kolkata||Bichitrapur via Jaleswar||235 km||5 Hr|
|Bhubaneswar||Jaleswar||254 km||3 Hr 56 Min|
|Howrah||Digha||211 km||6 Hr 57 Min|
By Air :
|Bhubaneswar||Bichitrapur||293 km||6 Hr 30 Min|
|Kolkata||Bichitrapur||203 km||5 Hr|